The place I work (Pointclickcare) is right in the middle of the list and I was very happy to see that. Honestly, I would have given Pointclickcare Rank#1 instead of 15 as the best place to work in Canada based on my own personal experience working as an employee here.
A spot on Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work list is a tremendous achievement. After all, employees decide which companies make the list. Curious what winners have in common?
What ‘Best Places to Work Winners in Canada 2018’ have in common:
- A Mission to Believe In
- Employees have a sense of purpose and understanding of how they make an impact
- A motivating mission that inspires quality work
- Strong Culture
- Clearly defined and shared set of values that fosters community
- Engaged leaders that view positive culture as part of a good business strategy
- Employees are engaged and empowered to do their best work
- Emphasis on employee growth and development
- Open and clear communication, from the top down
- Honest feedback is valued and encouraged
Best Places to Work in Canada in 2018
- Paysafe Group
- Hydro One
- Stemcell Technologies
- Earls Kitchen + Bar
- Pointclickcare (This is where I work as a DevOps Engineer, great place!)
- Marriott International
- Costco Wholesale
- Reliance Home Comfort
- Brookfield Renewable
I would love to know your opinion on what makes a great workplace. Do you work at a great company (not necessarily from the above list)? What is the best thing you like in your workplace? Leave a comment and let me know.